Single Phase Inverters with HD-Wave Technology
The SolarEdge single phase inverter with HD-Wave technology breaks the mold of traditional solar inverters. Winner of the prestigious 2016 Intersolar Award and the renowned 2018 Edison Award, the single phase inverter is specifically designed to work with SolarEdge power optimizers and features a standard 12-year warranty extendable to 20 or 25 years.
SolarEdge’s Innovative Inverter Topology
Because Maximum Power Point Tracking and voltage management are handled separately for each solar module by the SolarEdge power optimizer, the single phase inverter is only responsible for DC to AC inversion. Consequently, it is a simpler, more cost effective, more reliable solar inverter. The fixed string voltage ensures operation at the highest efficiency at all times independent of string length and temperature.
In addition to its functionality as a DC-optimized PV inverter, the single phase inverter also manages battery and system energy as part of SolarEdge’s StorEdge solution.
HD-Wave Technology: A New Era for PV Inverters
SolarEdge’s latest generation of single phase inverters are designed using a novel power conversion technology that is based on a distributed switching and powerful DSP processing. The inverter is able to synthesize a clean sine wave that leads to a dramatic reduction in the magnetics and heavy cooling elements. The result is an even smaller and lighter inverter for simplified shipping and storing, and easy one-person installation. The record-breaking 99% efficiency allows more energy production for an improved ROI.
- Specifically designed to work with SolarEdge power optimizers
- 2.2kW to 6kW range
- 99% weighted efficiency (33%-50% less losses than the market standard)
- Small, lightweight, and easy to install at <10kg
- Up to 155% oversizing allowed
- High reliability due to lower heat dissipation
- Standard 12-year warranty (extendable to 20 or 25 years)
- Built-in module-level monitoring receiver
- Communication to internet via Ethernet or wireless connectivity (using Wi-Fi, ZigBee® or GSM plug-ins)
- Manages PV production, battery storage, and smart energy products
- IP65/NEMA 3R – suitable for outdoor and indoor installations